Breezy HR's a globally loved, Jacksonville-based full-stack hiring platform for SMBs.
About the role
In order to execute our vision, we need to grow our team of best-in-class engineers. We are looking for developers who are excited about launching new products and features into production, who can work autonomously and aren’t afraid to try new technologies, and who don’t back down from the challenges of scale. Our ideal candidate has experience building core services and web-based APIs from the ground up, cares just as much about the product itself as the technology that powers it, and is capable of both structuring and writing clean, maintainable code. We hire engineers into each of our product teams.
- Design, implement or improve features in a variety of backend systems including our REST APIs, micro-services, data ingestion and processing systems, and integration partners
- Write and maintain scalable, performant code that can be shared across platforms
- Meaningfully contribute to the product and core backend systems by suggesting and executing improvements
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- You have a few years of experience building web applications
- You have experience or a strong interest in writing applications in Node.js
- You have experience implementing highly-available distributed systems / microservices
- You have experience with scalable backend APIs
- Understanding monitoring and alerting platforms is a plus
- You have attention to detail and a passion for correctness
- You are comfortable learning new technologies and systems
- You have strong interpersonal and communication skills with a bias towards action